• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can i use a Playstation 3 Controller to play SNES,NES,SEGA GENESIS,N64 and PS1 ROMs on my Nexus 7

EVOGUY88

Jan 17, 2012
Hi so my NEXUS 7 16GB (2012) not rooted running Android 4.4.4 me being a
fan of the Emulators of my Childhood Gaming Systems.

I have seen how people are taking XBOX,Playstation Controllers even the old SNES Controllers and connecting them via the Micro USB port on their Tablets. Even using the Bluetooth Capabilities on the PS3 Controllers to connect to their Tablets.

I know you need an OTG Cable and a Wireless PS3 Controller.

Does the PS3 Controller have to be the Sony Playstation Brand??? or can it be any PS3 such as Rock Candy etc.???

Does my Nexus 7 have to be rooted???

What is the best make and model of OTG Cable adapter to get for the NEXUS 7 and PS3 Controller???

These Games were from my Late 1980's,Early 1990's childhood i love playing them because it feeds my Nostalgia Craving.

Any helpful experience people on this subject please don't be shy to share your experiences.

Your Answers,Suggestions and even options i never thought about are very welcome. maybe if there is even a hacked controller that are already to go being sold somewhere. I appreciate your helpful answers.

yes, says me in 2014
Doc Brown GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones