• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

can i use a proxy to avoid wifi filters? using droid

Just pay attention in class. You CAN do it, but it's not worth the risk of getting caught. When I was in HS we had Bess or some annoying web filter like that with this stupid dog. Anywho, I tried to get around it and did, just to see if I can...not for any other reason. I was then met with a one week suspension and was no longer allowed on the school computers.

Lesson learned. Don't screw with school computers, not worth the risk. They will always know what's going on with the network.

Upvote 0
Hey man i had the same problem im currently in hs and i figured out a way around it that they CANNOT trace its a VPN called hotspot shield and if you can get it installed on one of the computers your completely unblocked. I have it on about 3 computers on the school its a program called HOTSPOTSHIELD hosted by anchorfree. It has worked 100% for me and hopefully it will for you. You can download the program from anchorfrees website. They also have a version for apple products.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones