• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can I use a Stylus Pen to write on a Gmail email?

If you want to author or reply to Gmail using the S Pen, then, yes, as Benjie says, you can just choose that option in the keyboard and it will do (a pretty good job) a conversion from handwriting to text. When the keyboard displays, to the left of the space bar is an icon that might look like a microphone. Press and hold on that and it will pop up options for you. Choose the T overlaid with a pen and that will open the handwriting area. Click in the area of the email you want to use (To, Subject, etc.), then tap into the handwriting area and compose. You can clean up any mistakes by backspacing over the error and rewriting the correct letter. Works pretty well; I use it all the time.

(You didn't ask about this, but I frequently use the voice-to-text option as well. Click the microphone and when prompted, just say your message aloud. The tablet will transcribe your text into the message area, or wherever you tapped before you started dictating).

If you want to mark up an email with hand-written notes, doodles, etc., then I don't think you can do that and retain those markups within the GMail environment.

I would like to know if I can use a Stylus Pen to write on Gmail (or other email apps) that I'm sending out? I ordered my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 Note last night.

Thank you for your help.
George

Reactions: georgep263
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones