1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Can I use a tablet as a video monitor?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Crow331, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Crow331

Crow331 Lurker
    None

Feb 17, 2011
    Here is what I want to do:

I'm starting a tour company and on the tour we play video clips. These videos will play from a PC or possibly a tablet. Now I need to output the video to several screens, one in each row of the tour bus.

Forgive my ignorance, but is this something I can do with a tablet? Basically the tablets would just be used as a video screen. I'm looking for something that is relatively inexpensive that works well in sunlight, something that is sunlight readable and these tablets seem like a nice alternative to an expensive monitor (the tour bus is topless/convertible)

Any suggestions??

Advertisement

2. xmr405o

xmr405o Android Expert
    None

Dec 7, 2009
    I think it's possible. You can use a server to stream video to all of the tablets using a internet connection. But you'll need an internet connection on your Bus so a 4G router or Mifi will need to be on your bus.

3. Crow331

Crow331 Lurker
    None

Feb 17, 2011
    Yes, but internet connections, especially wifi is too unreliable. If that went down my tour would be f**ked!

Some of these tablets have USB. Isn't there a way to do it that way?

Or does anyone know of a good LCD for sunglare that is under $500? I wonder if this one is any good? http://www.qualitymobilevideo.com/plmrvw105.aspx