• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can I use different account for market?

Is there anyway to change the account used for Android Market? I want it to be different than my Google email account that is synced to contacts, mail, calendar.

For now you can only have one Google account set as the main account for the phone. I don't think that I have seen anything about this changing either. I really don't think it is likely that this will ever change.

Maybe you could suggest it to Google and we will have the option for dual accounts in a future firmware update :thinking:.

Upvote 0
You can use a different account for the Market. I don't remember how to set it up but I originally had my Google Account on the phone set to a Google Apps account and since those don't support Google Checkout then I was able to choose another account to use. What I have seen now that I have consolidated all of my accounts into one non-Google apps account, is that I am setup to use that account. So it is possible to use a different account with Market if you are a Google Apps user but it may not be if you are using a regular gmail account as it seems it sets up Google Checkout for you. In theory it works but in practice it is not setup to be allowed outside of some specific situations.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones