• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can I use 'Find My Device' to track 25 devices?

jadiepants

Lurker
Dec 19, 2017
I work for a small company who want a simple way to track all their android mobile devices in one spot. All of these phones and tablets are owned by the company. I am wondering, does the 'find my device' app have the ability to store up to 25 devices in one login? Is there a better app for this kind of thing?

Reactions: jadiepants
Upvote 0
Have in mind that if you the same account registered on many phones, and the employees have the account password, one of them can easily track the other phones, and even erase all the data on it. I've seen it happen before.

Therefore, i suggest you try some parental/business apps. They allow you to track your phones in on simple app. Qustodio is one example, there are many similar ones out there.

https://www.qustodio.com/en/business/

Upvote 0
and the employees have the account password,

We have some junk tablets that our drivers use for limited internet access when in the lounge (I work for a logistics company that has our own fleet of trucks). They are all logged in using the same general account, but none of them have the password. All email/messages are immediately forwarded to an admin account so they never see those.

For what we do, it's fine. If you need more granular control then there are better solutions.

The Qustodio app is available in the play store. I think it's comical that there are some bad reviews from kids, so it must work. ;)

Upvote 0
While Qustodio looks like it would also do the job, and for less $$; it's probably going a little too far on the 'Big Brother' scale. I think I'd feel bad knowing that much information about our drivers! But I can definitely see the benefit if we were looking to combat poor use of time and company equipment.

Upvote 0
Well I know that if your looking for a free opensource tool I use this one

https://github.com/AhMyth
It has great looking gui and once you read up on it and pass the learning curb it's great.
fine-grained location info shown both on a map for you and given GPS co-ord.s
along with options for sms camera to snap a shot of the devices surroundings, microphone options to listen to the device even if in your employee's pocket.
filmanager , contacts, and even call logs are all available on the gui.

I run this in the Lab for certain needs, and it runs very smooth on Ubuntu 16
I do not know if it's available in windows. but should work in a virtual machine....

there are some Tut's online about it's usage.

Oh and doesn't require the phones to be rooted either... which is a plus. and doesn't send data to anybody else's servers LOL!

Hope this helps someone.

Astr4y4L
Team_Astr4y4L

Upvote 0
I track 9 employees using google maps "location sharing", and also mylookout.com app as a backup, since the google maps are occasionally slow to refresh, but they always have accurate history. You'd first make a special account on gmail for yourself, and then make sure all your employees have gmail and that they using location sharing with you.
Presto! you'll see them on a map. When google is slow, you can use the free version my mylookout to confirm.
Thanks.
PM

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones