1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Can I use my GoPhone Sim card in an Infuse?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by samcarra, Nov 7, 2011.

1. samcarra

samcarra Lurker
    None

Nov 7, 2011
    Does anyone know if I can use my existing GoPhone sim card in an Infuse and be able to get one of the prepaid data packages to work? I know it can be done with the Captivate but I'd really love to get an Infuse. I've had my GoPhone for over a year and have tried the card in other AT&T phones that belong to friends and family and it works fine but I just don't know if I'll be able to get a data package that would work with the Infuse since it is 4g.

The 4.5 inch screen on the Infuse is would be so handy, otherwise I'd just get a Captivate.

Thanks in advance for any advice or information you have!

Advertisement

2. k_semler

k_semler Newbie
    None

Sep 25, 2011
    Auto Lot Attendant
    Pullman WA
    Yes, get the data package, and then insert your SIM in the Infuse. It is an ATT SIM, so it will work without needing to unlock your cellular phone.

3. samcarra

samcarra Lurker
    None

Nov 7, 2011
    Does it matter that the Infuse is a 4G phone and all the Prepaid AT&T phones are 3g? That is what worries me.

4. k_semler

k_semler Newbie
    None

Sep 25, 2011
    Auto Lot Attendant
    Pullman WA
    No. The phone will use whatever frequencies are available for it to use, so long as your SIM is orange, you have no worries. (Blue SIMS haven't even been supported since 2006, If ATT 4G is available in your area, it will work fine on the Infuse, (even with a PAYG account)).