1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Can I use my unlocked AT&T with a Verizon sim card

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by pherph, Mar 26, 2016.

1. pherph

pherph Lurker
    None

Mar 26, 2016
    Male
    This may be a naive, but is there any way I can use my unlocked AT&T with a Verizon sim card? I have accounts with both networks for work and personal and I just bought the s7 edge on my personal account, but I love it so much that I would rather use it for work.

Advertisement

2. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest
    None
    AZgl1500 and pherph like this.
  3. pherph

pherph Lurker
    None

Mar 26, 2016
    Male
    Ahh ok. It looks like it may work on 4G LTE. I paid to have it sim unlocked so that part should be set. I'm a novice, so do you have any advice on when I insert my Verizon Sim card, what the next steps should be? Any advice would be helpful.

KOLIO likes this.
  4. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest
    None
    I believe VZW does things a bit different than say AT&T & T-Mobile,as with them,you just drop in the SIM Card & usually have to manually enter the APN of the new service provider.
    After successfully entering the new APN,make sure you actually tap it (to select it),otherwise,it won't "take" & you'll have to start over.
    Then once you're in the network settings,you may need to manually select the new provider.

If it doesn't work,you may have to call VZW to get them to "allow" you to use that phone on their network & take it from there:
    http://www.cnet.com/news/bringing-your-own-smartphone-to-verizon-what-do-i-need-to-worry-about/
    http://www.verizonwireless.com/mobile-living/network-and-plans/verizon-bring-your-own-phone-faq/
    https://billpaysvc.verizonwireless....body-see-if-your-phone-is-eligible-here|13457

pherph likes this.
  5. pherph

pherph Lurker
    None

Mar 26, 2016
    Male
    Thank you so much!

KOLIO likes this.
  6. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest
    None
  7. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Android Expert

Feb 3, 2011
    Male
    Retired and loving it.
    Oklahoma grasslands
    I'm on Verizon.

You might get some LTE 4g signals, but damn few, if any....

I was recently in another state over nighting in a hotel, where Verizon just did not have a signal....
    even though, they say they saturate that town.... ?? maybe a cell tower died??

anyway, AT&T had full coverage, my friends all had full signals and service...
    Cricket users had full coverage ( they ride AT&T )

I tried to get access with my VZW phone, and nothing, no internet, nothing..... 24 hours I was stranded on that island.... how pathetic :rolleyes:

what is this world coming too? no internet? :thinking: :D :p

sigh, I had to wait until the funeral was over, went to the hotel, and turned on the laptop and the hotel's WiFi allowed me to let folks know that I am okay.

KOLIO likes this.