1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Can I use the battery charger from my Epic

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Gavisann, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Gavisann

Gavisann Android Enthusiast

Like many others, I will be upgrading to the ET4G when it is released. I wanted to know if the battery will for into the Epic 4G's charger.

Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. cds0699

cds0699 Android Expert

I am pretty sure you'll be able to use the charger. 99%

Gavisann likes this.
  3. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice

As long as it's also a MicroUSB you should be able to use it no problem. :)

Gavisann likes this.
  4. Gavisann

Thank you both!

On a side note, can I use one of my Epic's spare batteries in case of emergency?

5. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice

Depends on the physical dimensions of the battery... Won't know for sure until it comes.

6. cds0699

cds0699 Android Expert

Kelmar is right... I doubt we will be able to use the same battery, cuz the GS2 comes with an 1800 maH battery, which is bigger.

7. Gavisann

Oh then maybe I am not explaining myself right. I am talking about

this
    [​IMG]

battery charger.

8. GPinMid

GPinMid Lurker

What are the chances that Samsung just upgraded the specs of the battery without changing the dimensions of the battery? I jumped the gun and bought extra batteries and a charger for the original SGS2. Do you think I will have to re-Ebay them? I can't find ANY information about this yet. :thinking:

9. Gavisann

We might not find out until launch date.

The battery can be thicker for it to fit in the charger but not wider. I can just leave the lid open.

10. cary328is

cary328is Android Expert

Here's the official one for the Epic 4G touch - different model # than epic 4g charger:
    Galaxy SII, Epic 4G Touch d710 Spare Battery Charging System | Samsung Mobile

Might be different as far as length of battery but not 100% sure. I doubt it's compatible...otherwise, Samsung wouldn't be able to get just that much more money out of us LOL :D

11. Gavisann

I checked on the Samsung site and I concur, it seems they are not compatible.

12. cary328is

cary328is Android Expert

Damn. I was hoping you'd prove me wrong. :( I have the same Epic extra battery charger as you and was also hoping it would work with the Epic 4g Touch.

Samsung Epic 4G Touch Forum

The Samsung Epic 4G Touch release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.52" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1800mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews