• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can I use these skullcandy headphones on my optimus V?

Glutz

Sep 10, 2011
Alabama
I was about to buy these headphones off of eBay but then I stopped,because i am mainly buying them for my phone,well 1 because I always wanted skull candy headphones so of course I rather have these than the ones the phone comes with. But then I thought rather be safe than sorry so I logged onto here to see if I will be able to use these headphones on my LG Optimus V. *And I really hate earbuds I'll wear them if I have to so I don't bother to listen to music on pandora even though I really want to I want to avoid using the earbuds. So I went on eBay and found these headphones and I'm completely ready to buy please help me out everybody

New 2XL by Skullcandy Shakedown On Ear Headphones - Red/Black or Rasta | eBay

show

EDIT: Please answer quickly I want to have the answer by tonight because if I can use it with my LG optimus V I'll like to order it as soon as possiable

Any headphone with a standard jack (99.999% of normal headphones) will work. However I don't know why you'd want to buy expensive headphones for this phone since there's always an incessant buzzing/hissing interfering with any file I try to play with it. I'm used to iPods, and they have no cell chips to cause the interference, so I may notice it more than others.

Edit: Just clicked and they're only 8 bucks. Well, you get what you pay for, but they will work.

Upvote 0
Any headphone with a standard jack (99.999% of normal headphones) will work. However I don't know why you'd want to buy expensive headphones for this phone since there's always an incessant buzzing/hissing interfering with any file I try to play with it. I'm used to iPods, and they have no cell chips to cause the interference, so I may notice it more than others.

Edit: Just clicked and they're only 8 bucks. Well, you get what you pay for, but they will work.

Thanks a bunch and they are only 7.99 free shipping and this is fast shipping to plus the headphones are nice and I really want Skullcandy and that all I need to know. Anyways anybody else who wants to tell me more info. But I'm off to the site to buy them for real going through the whole wight he full process can't wait!

Upvote 0
I don't know why you'd want to buy expensive headphones for this phone since there's always an incessant buzzing/hissing interfering with any file I try to play with it. I'm used to iPods, and they have no cell chips to cause the interference, so I may notice it more than others.

That's an issue with either your phone or the headphones you're using. That's not something that normally happens with the OpV... at least it doesn't on mine.

Upvote 0
since there's always an incessant buzzing/hissing interfering with any file I try to play with it.
Perhaps on your phone. Both Vs in my household are just fine. (And yes, I have listened to music on high-end equipment that didn't have cell chips.)

EDIT: Okay, so others posted the same thing. Sorry. Just one more data point from me, I guess.

Upvote 0
I borrowed my friend's skullcnady headphones for a second while u was their house which happens to be the same kind I'm getting and it sounds just fine on my optimus V so. Yep I'm happy I purchased and I can't wait to get it,I dint regret buying at all!

update:I have received the headphones yeaterday and I'm very happy with results!

Upvote 0
never heard any buzzing or interference when im jamming out to tunes. or listening to my podcasts. just standard 3.5mm headphone jack and everything should be cool. i as well have a pair of skullcandy headphones (the lowriders) and they worked just fine til i bought some bluetooth stereo headphones

can i ask what BT stereo headphones you grabbed ?

fully realizing, of course, that this thread is fairly dead and all... i still gotta ask hee hee.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones