1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Can it output via HDMI

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Albie999, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Albie999

Albie999 Well-Known Member

After searching around the web, I seem to keep finding different answers to this question, some review says it cannot and others say it can. I know with Galaxy S3, you can output via MHL cable, and wondered if this was this same with the note 10.1 (2014)

So, I thought I would ask on a forum where people own one

So ... can you output from this via HDMI to a TV etc

Cheers
    Albie

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User

According to the device's manual, you can - using Miracast or a few other devices. See page 59 in the manual - Screen Mirroring.

3. rwrinsrca

rwrinsrca Lurker

4. Albie999

Albie999 Well-Known Member

I've actually got one of them that I bought Flt my galaxy s3, but when I try to use it on my note, all I get is snow on my tv with the display occasionally (for a split second) appearing

This is the one I bought

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B008FBQ9MY/ref=ya_aw_oh_pit

5. rwrinsrca

rwrinsrca Lurker

The one I got from Samsung has a little "adaptor" that goes on the end of the mini-USB. Not sure what it does, but I know it works when it's on, and it doesn't when it's not.

In the docs, it's called a "5 Pin to 11 Pin Micro-USB Adaptor" ... and without it, you won't get HDMI from that device.

My guess is that your earlier version didn't have that adaptor, or you didn't need it and just tossed it.

How you need it. The link I gave you above has the right gadget, inclusive of the right adaptor.