• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can K-9 be set to delete messages on the server after X days?

JoeSchmoe007

Mar 8, 2011
I have one email account that I check via POP with MS Outlook. I set it so that mail is left on the server and deleted after it is older than X days.

I use K-9 to read mail via POP for another account on my phone. I set K-9 to only keep last 100 messages and was under impression that everything older will be erased from the server automatically.

Today I found out it doesn't work like that - my mailbox on the server got full - messages were never deleted.

Can K-9 be set up similar to Outlook in that respect? I found multiple options like "Delete on a server if you delete message locally" but I don't want to delete anything locally by hand - this email is used only to receive status reports from automated jobs and I receive too many messages every day to delete them manually. I don't mind switching from POP to IMAP if this would help.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones