• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

can kitkat tablets be used as a phone to bluetooth?

Thank you mikedt for your reply. You seem to be saying that some Android tablets have cellular radios that can do voice calls. Is this a common feature of Android tablets that have cellular radios? Or is it rare and found in only a few tablets? Do you know which tablets have cellular radios that can do voice calls?

For example, do you know if Samsung Android tablets with cellular radios have this feature?

I'm doing this research for a friend who wants to make voice cellular calls on his tablet. He has not purchased yet.

Kind Regards,

Advait

Upvote 0
Thank you mikedt for your reply. You seem to be saying that some Android tablets have cellular radios that can do voice calls. Is this a common feature of Android tablets that have cellular radios? Or is it rare and found in only a few tablets? Do you know which tablets have cellular radios that can do voice calls?

For example, do you know if Samsung Android tablets with cellular radios have this feature?

I'm doing this research for a friend who wants to make voice cellular calls on his tablet. He has not purchased yet.

Kind Regards,

Advait

Make sure you'll check this out, http://www.textplus.com/

You can get a free number and can start with internet calling.
Also i recommend the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 3G version.

Reactions: Advait
Upvote 0
The cellular radio isn't a standard feature. Some have it some don't. For example, Samsung sells different variants of the Tab 3, some are WiFi only, some have a phone app which basically just makes it an oversized phone. My Galaxy Tab Plus is basically an oversized Galaxy S2, and the Note 8.0 is an oversized Note 2 (unless you get the WiFi only version). If you get a tablet that's WiFi only, or 3G data only, then you can't make calls. If the tablet has a cellular radio, you can.

Reactions: Advait
Upvote 0
The cellular radio isn't a standard feature. Some have it some don't. For example, Samsung sells different variants of the Tab 3, some are WiFi only, some have a phone app which basically just makes it an oversized phone. My Galaxy Tab Plus is basically an oversized Galaxy S2, and the Note 8.0 is an oversized Note 2 (unless you get the WiFi only version). If you get a tablet that's WiFi only, or 3G data only, then you can't make calls. If the tablet has a cellular radio, you can.

OK, thanks. I'll tell my friend to look for a 3G tablet with a cellular radio that can do data and voice. It sounds like they're not too hard to find.

Cheers,

Advait

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones