• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can LauncherPro get any more awesome?

It is great but a couple of improvements would really make it killer
1. The Landscape mode should work the other way (i.e. with the button side at 9 o'clock) - especially for Dinc so you 'dock' it in landscape - normal direction doesnt work b/c then plug gets in way.
2. Mode - landscape/portrait should be lockable - ie stays in mode no matter orientation.
3. trackball press should awake device
4. let me change lockscreen (only) wallpaper

Upvote 0
I love the 5-row thing on my DInc. Also, Sense is really sluggish with no widgets for me, and I'm not sure why...

As for favorite contacts, just add them manually as icons to one of your homescreens. Good enough for me.

X0m2K.png

Upvote 0
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as LauncherPro, is in fact, a copy of a superior launcher, or as I've recently taken to calling it, a proprietary, inferior launcher choice when compared to ADW Launcher. LauncherPro is not a truly revolutionary unto itself, but rather another marketing scheme by Federico Carnales to trick users into trying LauncherPro, a closed launcher as defined by Google & HTC.

Many Android users run a modified version of their launcher every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of the modified launcher which is widely used is often called "LauncherPro Beta," and many of its users are not aware that it is basically a clone of ADW Launcher, developed by AnderWeb.

There really is the Android GUI, and these people are using it, but it is just part of the system they use. Android

Upvote 0
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as LauncherPro, is in fact, a copy of a superior launcher, or as I've recently taken to calling it, a proprietary, inferior launcher choice when compared to ADW Launcher. LauncherPro is not a truly revolutionary unto itself, but rather another marketing scheme by Federico Carnales to trick users into trying LauncherPro, a closed launcher as defined by Google & HTC.

Many Android users run a modified version of their launcher every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of the modified launcher which is widely used is often called "LauncherPro Beta," and many of its users are not aware that it is basically a clone of ADW Launcher, developed by AnderWeb.

There really is the Android GUI, and these people are using it, but it is just part of the system they use. Android

Upvote 0
Closed source is never better than open source in terms of security and ability.
Open source is only better in potential. And you said it yourself, it's a matter of preference. You prefer ADW, and that's fine. You just busted in here with a conspiracy theory sounding post trying to factually state one was better than the other.

Upvote 0
I love lPro. I just tried it last night. The difficulty I had though was the lack of sense ui widgets, such as scrolling calendar, which I need for business purposes, so I uninstalled. Am I to understand that Pure Calendar Widget scrolls? I would reconsider if it did. How does it compare to the sense ui scrolling calendar widget?

thanks in advance.

Steven

Upvote 0
Wow, are you guys seriously unfamiliar with Richard Stallman's famous quote? I only tweaked it a little as others to regarding Windows or Mac.

I have both LauncherPro and ADW installed, but prefer ADW. I don't hate LP, I actually use it sometimes.

Just tried to get a laugh or two, but I guess it was over your heads. My bad.

Upvote 0
Please refrain from calling someone a troll for their opinions. Whereas we welcome spirited debate, we swiftly handle personal attacks and affronts.

Stating this again, if you feel a post is out of line, just hit report and mention the problem. Then walk away.

Upvote 0
I love lPro. I just tried it last night. The difficulty I had though was the lack of sense ui widgets, such as scrolling calendar, which I need for business purposes, so I uninstalled. Am I to understand that Pure Calendar Widget scrolls? I would reconsider if it did. How does it compare to the sense ui scrolling calendar widget?

thanks in advance.

Steven

I had the same issue. It's great that koxx is developing scrollable widgets and these launchers added the ability to handle them. Unfortunately, a scrollable Pure Calendar or Grid Calendar isn't available yet. On his site he stated his current project is releasing a scrollable Pure Calendar Widget, which I'm excited for! The Messenger widget is the only scrollable one out right now.

Upvote 0
By the way, I found an ugly bug in LauncherPro that I've experienced in even fresh installs. Do the following:

- Open your app drawer
- Slide your finger quickly to reach the bottom of the list, then back up again. Be quick.
- Do that again a few times.
- Notice that you'll go flying past your last apps on the list? Now slide back up to the top and you'll see that the top of your app list will be spread out in diagonal lines.
- Fix it by exiting the drawer.

It's a bug, nonetheless. I'll report it to the dev.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones