• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

can maps be stored on Galaxy s 3 internal memory?

Lefthand

Sep 27, 2009
UK
my contract's about to come up and I'm thinking of going for a samsung galaxy after years of sticking with htc. As someone who travels abroad a lot I always found the htc Location feature very useful, the ability to download maps and store them on the phone's memory rather than relying on google maps which eats up data like there's no tomorrow. Is there a similar feature on the galaxy s 3?

Google Maps just added the feature to store maps offline a few months ago. You can store up to 6 different maps offline. I used it while I was on vacation in Europe.

The feature isn't available on certain regions. It worked for St. Petersburg, but not for Moscow. Also, you cannot use navigation with stored maps. Navigation needs a data connection.

Upvote 0
Google Maps just added the feature to store maps offline a few months ago. You can store up to 6 different maps offline. I used it while I was on vacation in Europe.

The feature isn't available on certain regions. It worked for St. Petersburg, but not for Moscow. Also, you cannot use navigation with stored maps. Navigation needs a data connection.

Thanks, but that's the thing. You can use navigation on HTC's Location stored maps..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones