• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can micro usb port on a ZTE Majesty Pro be replaced?

gingersnap

Lurker
May 13, 2020
My ZTE Majesty Pro stopped charging. Replacing charger & cord didn't work. The port most likely damaged. Is repair or replacement possible? Who could troubleshoot & do the work? Would it be cost-effective or cost more than the phone itself? I bought another phone but want this one working as a second phone. Any guidance appreciated.

My ZTE Majesty Pro stopped charging. Replacing charger & cord didn't work. The port most likely damaged. Is repair or replacement possible? Who could troubleshoot & do the work? Would it be cost-effective or cost more than the phone itself? I bought another phone but want this one working as a second phone. Any guidance appreciated.

It depends on how to motherboard layout is, if it has a separate board for charging or the things are all together. As it is more of a cheaper phone, it looks like everything is one piece. You can unsolder the port and put a new one, but if you don't have the experience of repairing a phone, you will have to ask a repair person to fix it for you. If your phone happens to have a separate board for the port, you will only have to replace the board with the port and it will cost you significantly less.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones