• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Can my rooted optimus be activated?

HTaddiction

Feb 6, 2013
Carrier would be Virgin Mobile. Basically I switched over to a Samsung Galaxy and want to give the optimus to my kid. I can log into VM and do a swap from his current phone to the optimus but don't know if I'll run into problems.

Someone from this forum walked me through the entire root process so I'm definitely a noob. I know the rom was called Mirage. Not sure about the recovery. It says CWM-based Recovery v4.0.1.5.

Thanks for any help.

If you made a nandroid backup of your stock rom before flashing MiRaGe rom, you could just restore your backup and use the activation app to reactivate your phone. If you don't have your stock rom backed up, flash any (froyo) rom, they all have the activation app, everything you need can be found in the all things root guide sticky at the top of the page.
Just follow this guide ...
http://androidforums.com/optimus-v-all-things-root/697813-how-install-flash_image-flash-recovery-rom-theme-updated-10-24-2013-a.html
Andy explains exactly what to do easier than i could explain it ;)
If you have any questions, just ask.

Reactions: HTaddiction
Upvote 0
If you made a nandroid backup of your stock rom before flashing MiRaGe rom, you could just restore your backup and use the activation app to reactivate your phone. If you don't have your stock rom backed up, flash any (froyo) rom, they all have the activation app, everything you need can be found in the all things root guide sticky at the top of the page.
Just follow this guide ...
http://androidforums.com/optimus-v-...-recovery-rom-theme-updated-10-24-2013-a.html
Andy explains exactly what to do easier than i could explain it ;)
If you have any questions, just ask.

Thank you....didn't understand what any of that meant at first but now I do lol. The guides are pretty simple to follow once you understand the terminology and get the hang of it. Restored my stock rom and the activation app is there :eek:

BTW, Andy was the gentlemen that walked my through the entire rooting process. Much thanks if he's still around.

Reactions: badblue1
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones