• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can my samsung s3 GT-S7560M be upgraded from 4.0.4?

Mario7979

Lurker
Apr 28, 2019
I have a samsung s3 and did a factory reset on it. It now has android 4.0.4 on it. Is there any way to update this to anything newer, as the one on it does not work well at all. I tried a program called kies? All it does is show my phone is connected, there is no way to update it with that. I tried through google store, but it seems those are fakes and ad based spam. Just trying to figure out if this can be updated, or is it good for paper weight?

the only way to upgrade would be to root your phone. however your phone is pretty old and there is not much of a dev community for it any longer.

you can always use odin to flash an older firmware.
https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/gt-s7560m/GT-S7560M/
Thx for the advice. I've been searching for over 4 hours now and those are the things i keep coming across..flashing or rooting, these terms are a different language for me. It seems im stuck with the factory firmware..taps take 2 minutes to register lol. Internet doesnt really work on it either. oh well, i'll get a landline instead..thx for the help!
P.S. I went to that site, and all they have there is 4.0.4 which is the same version that came with this phone it seems. I tried updating the phone from settings, but it says no updates available..seems the phone is too old to work with anything other than what it came installed with.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
yeah you can only downgrade the firmware via odin. that is what the link is for.....if you want to downgrade that is.
No..i was looking to upgrade obviously. It was my first and last attempt with a cell phone lol. These things are anything but phones nowadays lol. Buy it this year, by next year it's obsolete lol..no thank you..landlines are much more reliable! :) Thx for all the help...the phone was given to me a few weeks ago..i forwarded the gift to the garbage on the corner of the street lol.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones