1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Can nandroid backup be done after rooting using the revolutionary tool?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by adrot, Apr 18, 2012.

1. adrot

adrot Lurker

I just entered the Android world the day I purchased the HTC Sensation XE recently. :)

Straight to my query:
    I recently rooted my HTC device using the revolutionary tool. So now it is "S-OFF" and has "Revolutionary" written instead of "Locked" in that screen that comes when you press down the volume key + power button. I also "flashed" the Superuser-3.0.7 file as was told in a forum (htcsensationforum.com) to gain superuser access. I haven't flashed any custom ROM's as yet though.

1. Now if I wanted the ICS OTA update (stock) when it is available officially, can I update my device just like that or should I un-root it.? If so, how do I go about the un-rooting process.?

2. Also, what is this "nandroid backup" that I keep bumping into in many threads.? Is it something I should have done before rooting.?

3. How do I un-root my phone at this stage.? I read somewhere that I just need to flash the stock RUU.exe file and it'l be back to normal. But where can I find the RUU.exe file for my device. I bought my device from Kuwait, but currently using it in a different country now.

Any response to my queries would be highly appreciated. :)

Cheers,
    Adrot

HTC Sensation 4G Forum

The HTC Sensation 4G release date was 8th June. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1520mAh battery.

8th June
Release Date
Reviews