• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can no longer mount phone to PC

wraithevolution

Apr 30, 2010
Oregon
p.mobile9.com
Hey guys, I've been having a problem more and more with mounting my phone to my pc as a disk drive. I want to pull pics off and add things obviously. Increasingly, my phone just won't mount as a disk drive. I have to connect and disconnect it several times to get it to work. And now today, it won't mount no matter what I do.
~ Rebooted the phone
~ Make sure debugging is off (won't work either way)
~ Tried making it automatic and/or make it ask which connection
~ Used "Safely Remove Hardware" and it doesn't help
~ The pc sees the drive added but won't go any farther
~ My phone sees the card just fine and I can access it just fine
~ If I take the card out and mount to the pc, it sees it just fine
~ The phone still charges while connected to the pc
~ Sideloading also still works just fine
So what the hell? Makes no sense... I've since downloaded "Wife File Explorer Pro" and it works like a champ. I can see all the contents and folders of the card and I can upload/download just fine. I'm fine using the Wifi Explorer but I don't like the fact that I can't use my cable. I'm not exchanging the phone so that's out. Any thoughts or ideas? Appreciate your time! :D

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones