1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Apps Can not find adb

Discussion in 'Android Development' started by andywhoa, Feb 24, 2011.

1. andywhoa

andywhoa Well-Known Member
    None

May 15, 2010
    Software Engineer
    West Des Moines, IA
    With the newest release of the SDK, the adb executable has been moved out of the "tools" folder to the "platform-tools" folder.

Fair enough.

However, my Eclipse plugin is hard coded to look in the "tools" folder for adb.

No problem, I'll just update my Eclipse plugin...

... except my Eclipse plugin is telling me that it is up-to-date. I have not updated my Eclipse plugin in a long time; it is most certainly not up-to-date.

What do I do here? I don't want to just copy and paste adb into the "tools" folder. I presume there's a reason why it has been moved and that will probably break something else. I'm not quite sure how to uninstall an Eclipse plugin. I tried going through the install-new-plugin process again, but it tells me it can't install over the existing Android plugin.

Advertisement

2. miXer

miXer Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 12, 2010
    Norway
    You can try downloading the last Android SDK from developer.android.com. Remove the old one and install the last one.

3. andywhoa

andywhoa Well-Known Member
    None

May 15, 2010
    Software Engineer
    West Des Moines, IA
    I've tried this, but I don't see how it solves my problem. I don't think the SDK and the Eclipse plugin are tied that closely together. They're separate entities. You download and install them separately.