• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can not open any application as an apk

boticelli

Lurker
Aug 30, 2011
Hi,

I am using a Samsung Galaxy 3 with android 2.2 and I want to install some application what is downloadad from many different sources.
I have red many questions about this issue but could not find a solution to solve it.
So now here is my problem:

1. I copy the choosen .apk file on my SD card.
2. I have downloaded ASTRO file manager.
3. I have ticked the option installing non-android applications.
4. I want to open the apk file from there but when I click on app installer I onyle get a blank screen and under the details I receive the following error message:

Could not open xy.apk as APK file.

I am really going mad now I have reading forums for ages.:mad::mad::mad:

Please help!!!

Thanks

Hmm, sounds like something is getting corrupted in the transfer or save of data.

Things I would try:
  • Using a different computer to do the transfer
  • Ejecting the device properly after use via the taskbar in windows or finder in OSX
  • Trying a different SD card if you're using one, perhaps a friends that the files work on

See how that goes, if you've still got issues post back.

Reactions: boticelli
Upvote 0
I have copied the files via bluetooth now and it works... this is really strange, actually I am using my company laptop for the transfer. I think it has some protection what disable me to copy confidental files... but then why bluetooth works?

thanks anyway Luke if You do not tell these recomendations I would never tried bluetooth.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones