• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Can not run any of apps in Android Studio

Incidentally, the AVD (emulator) can be quite slow. I avoid using it, and prefer to develop with an attached real device. It's a lot quicker.
Although the emulator can be useful to test with older versions of the SDK.

Anyway, sorry we can't be much help on your issues, it really does sound like the AS installation is screwed.

I appreciate your support very much and for sure will try to follow your advices!

Upvote 0
I have too many things to do on my PC. Gaming, photoshop, 3dMAX and so on
^^^This is the reason why I haven't been able to convert my friends from windows to linux. Though we're old geezers and don't game anymore, but were console peasants when we did. :p

I do however have photoshop and illustrator on linux, granted it's only CS6. I couldn't get CC to work. Illustrator is most important to me since I create my own graphics for any dev/web project.

Dual booting windows and linux is a very good option. Linux would just be your dev environment. I saw an article that said windows now includes linux in the windows app store.

Anyways, do come back and let us know how you solved the issue. Best of luck. :)

Upvote 0
Ah now that I'm back with my mind fresh, a full stomach, and a cup of coffee. :) I did a little digging on how to completely nuke AS from windows. Here is a guide:
https://stackoverflow.com/a/39953746

And just in case you want to give it another try and fix it before nuking it.
1. gradle-wrapper.properties should point to gradle-4.10.1-all.zip
2. local.properties should point to your android SDK directory
3. We can look at your app build.gradle file to see if there's any issue
4. We can also look at your root build.gradle file

Nuking recommended.

Reactions: Deleted User
Upvote 0
Hey guys! I am back:)
The problem is solved by total reinstall with deleting all the hidden AS files.
The procedure is rather simple.
1. Uninstalling through the Control Panel.
2. Deleting folders .android and .Andoid Studio from the folder %userprofile%
3. Deleting folder Android from %localappdata% (depending on AS version)

After reinstalling all the troubles were gone.
Thank you very much once again for your assistance!
Good luck:)

Reactions: GameTheory
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones