Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Bernd, Sep 20, 2009.
its been reported a few times here,
where is the handheld from?
you might wanna firmware flash that as its early code
Bernd: this happened to me after upgrading (to H7 i think). I solved it by doing factory reset (settings). Also one time I had the same problem, after some time I don't know why the phone rebooted and it worked after that. Did do a factory reset too though. I think that is the problem - factory reset.
thank you very much for your fast reply. I bought that Phone at ebay without simlock 2 weeks ago. Now after your hint about my android-Version I made an update. Now my Version is:
But the situation is still the same. It is not possible to save APN-Settings.
best regards bernd....
have you done a factory reset?
Problem ist solved!
It was the reset. After Downloading the new update nothing happend. Now after resetting the Phone everthing works very well.
Thank you very much
Any other ideas if a factory reset doesn't work? Have tried to add the APN several times and after you press save and go back to the APN list it's still empty.
Running the H7 update.
I only got H7 via the Samsung PC Tool...is H8 avaible or does that require the "Odin-approach" (Odin tool)
odin im afraid
Ok, thanks for the help. Will see if I have the time or if I will go back to my HTC Magic and throw the i7500 in the trash bin (tells what I think about the I7500).
WooLand: on H8 i had the same problem as you even after factory reset, but after a few mins phone just restarted for no reason and then i was able to add the APN
also be sure the fac. reset was successful (eg. the background changes)
Wooland, I've had problems with the APN list as well, on the original firmware, H7, and still on H8.
I haven't figured it out, but I can get it to work again (for a time...) by:
-- taking the battery out
-- taking the SIM card out
-- setting and unsetting Flight Mode.
With a mixture of these methods, it works 95% of the time.
It's not ideal, and definitely something I hope to see fixed SOOOON! I am soo disappointed over Samsung in their support for this phone. I guess I should have gone for the ugly G1, it seems to be where the developer focus is (both from Google, the phone vendor, and the community).
Thanks for the tip will try it out. I'm also so disappointed at Samsung how can you release something so unstable?
The HTC Magic and Hero works as a charm, no issues just pleasure...so I suspect that I will end up with going back to HTC and never ever buy something from Samsung again...when it comes to phones.
KlaymenDK: It worked to do your little procedure, thanks for the tip.
i wonder if all the people that still have this problem on h8 are people that went to h7 first.
i went from h6 straight to h8 and never seen this issue
Will try to update to H8 but have to read a little bit about the procedure using Odin to update to H8...and need to find the files.
Using Sony Ericsson X10 I had same problem after replacing a defective SIM card from Bell Mobility. Solution was to use Sony Ericsson PC Companion | Support Zone | Software Update | Repair
This resets the phone's OS so make sure (as warned in the procedure) you use Backup feature in the phone to save your contacts and settings.
Wow. Dug up a 2 year old post ...
Yep, and the solution is for Sony Ericsson Xperia 10.
Don't know if that advice will work for Sam*censored Galaxy.
P.S: anyway not bad for a first post.
i used to suffer from this problem,only yesterday i culd solve it.
1. download "apn manager" from android market
2. open "apn manager" go to "insert apn"option
3. fill in your network apn information
4. klick the save button below
5. thank god when it works
Had a similar problem on SGS2 - the problem was Market Enabler. Reverted to original settings and I could see and edit my APNs