• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can not sync my GMail contact

Shinanqu

Lurker
Jan 15, 2017
Hello,

The issue sounds so simple. But I tried already so many things, I really can't find any solution.

I just bought a Huawei MediaPad X2 (in China), updated to Android 6.0, and try to configure everything properly. I have several hundred contacts in GMail (Google Contacts) and I would like to access/sync these contacts with my MediaPad X2. But it doesn't work.

I added already successfully my Skype account and all contacts were synced.

My Google account is also already added under Settings -> Accounts. When I click on it, I see:
Sync App Data
Sync Gmail
Sync Google Fit data
Sync People details

Everything is properly synced with the current data as confirmation. But I guess the "Sync Contacts" field is missing?

So from all Dialers: Truecaller, Drupe, Stock Dialer, Stock Contacts, I can not see my GMail contact.

With the app FullContact I can see my GMail contacts, but it doesn't sync with the Dialers.

I can not install the app "Google Contacts" from the app store, it is not compatible. But I installed the APK, but again, the same issue. With the "Google Contacts" app I am not able to access the Google Contacts. It simply doesn't sync.

I deleted all my accounts in Android and logged in again. It didn't change anything.

I really need my GMail contacts, I can't sync it by hand... Anybody an idea what I could try?

Either there is a simple solution to sync the contacts. Or there could be an app, like FullContact, that can access my GMail contacts as well as sync them with Android.

Thank you!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones