• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can not turn on droid 3. Help!

Msufan

Lurker
Apr 14, 2012
My droid has been acting up for a week now and I should have done something about it but didn't get a chance. What happened was whenever you would slide out the physical keyboard the display would go off. Sometimes the phone would still work but no display. Sometimes I would restart the phone by taking out the batter an the display would be a white screen with multi colore noise. I could get the phone back on by moving the keyboard in and out a couple times. I've been able to use it until today, and I didn't back up my stuff.

Now today I've been trying to get it started but all I get is the white screen. I just need a couple minutes to get a couple more things off of it. I've been trying all day and was wondering if anyone had any ideas. I need to go to the store and hope it is covered still. I have taken good care of this phone since I got it.

Hi bro
i am facing the same problem as u did with my droid3..i am from india and this cell is not launched here so i bought it from ebay.in verizon cracked version..to support local service providers...my screen is behaving same..i opened the cell unscrewing all screws and tighten ribbon cable bt nothing happen it behave same...still i can able to start it like u said opening or closing slider 3-4 times...can u plz let me know what happened to ur cell...any idea how it get fix.
many thanx in advance
Pradh

My droid has been acting up for a week now and I should have done something about it but didn't get a chance. What happened was whenever you would slide out the physical keyboard the display would go off. Sometimes the phone would still work but no display. Sometimes I would restart the phone by taking out the batter an the display would be a white screen with multi colore noise. I could get the phone back on by moving the keyboard in and out a couple times. I've been able to use it until today, and I didn't back up my stuff.

Now today I've been trying to get it started but all I get is the white screen. I just need a couple minutes to get a couple more things off of it. I've been trying all day and was wondering if anyone had any ideas. I need to go to the store and hope it is covered still. I have taken good care of this phone since I got it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones