• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

can not write to SD card since 4.4

InGearX

Android Enthusiast
Aug 1, 2011

Attachments

• 10743491_10153278105737926_1961326954_n.jpg
    10743491_10153278105737926_1961326954_n.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 43
Upvote 0
The developer needs to update their app to allow external SD access in KittyKat 4.4.x.

In fact it might be worth emailing the devs concerned, inquiring about it. Kitkat has been around for more than a year now, and so many apps should have been updated for the changes in how external SDs are handled. But there may still be a few where either the devs are not aware of it or even that apps are discontinued and unsupported, in which case may have to find alternatives, or do what EM suggested.

Upvote 0
The developer needs to update their app to allow external SD access in KittyKat 4.4.x.

QuickPic does just fine reading anything on the sd card.

But you can't delete pictures in the stock Gallery folder and there's nothing that the QuickPic devs can do about that.

It's a fundamental change to Android permissions.

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
QuickPic does just fine reading anything on the sd card.

But you can't delete pictures in the stock Gallery folder and there's nothing that the QuickPic devs can do about that.

It's a fundamental change to Android permissions.

so no other image viewer will be able to also delete images in Camera folder?

hmmmm I guess there were cases of malicious / poor software corrupting the files / images?

because this seems like a harsh change

Upvote 0
I just purchased an LG Tribute last Friday (Oct 31), it has KitKat. I can't find anywhere where I can root this device, it's been out less than a month & I figure that's why. Am I to assume that I am out of luck until this device is supported for rooting?

(What's funny is that the "stock" file manager can willy-nilly the microSD all it wants, but ES File Explorer can't.)

Upvote 0
I just purchased an LG Tribute last Friday (Oct 31), it has KitKat. I can't find anywhere where I can root this device, it's been out less than a month & I figure that's why. Am I to assume that I am out of luck until this device is supported for rooting?

(What's funny is that the "stock" file manager can willy-nilly the microSD all it wants, but ES File Explorer can't.)

Yep. We've already got a few devs looking into rooting that, best luck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones