• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can OEM be unlocked, outside of phone?(With PC)

I want to unlock OEM, so I can flash a custom ROM to a phone.

But it's locked with FR-****ing-P, and I can't access it.

Question is: How to unlock OEM and flash the ROM without access directly from phone.

PS: I know it can be done, at least with most phones. I certainly do not know HOW

I don't think, from what I understand of your post, that you understand what this stuff means.

"OEM" = "Original Equipment Manufacturer", i.e. the people who made the phone. OEM unlock refers to making the bootloader unlockable. Some manufacturers allow that, some don't, some do in some countries and not in others.

"FRP" = Factory Reset Protection, which is a system to prevent thieves from gaining full ownership to a phone by going into recovery and resetting it (removing any relation to the previous owner).

These two things are not actually related. I'm guessing that your phone may be a Samsung as they often give misleading messages mixing these things. But without giving more information about your phone (model, country, carrier model or not) you won't get a solution because there is no generic answer to this.

Upvote 0
.....PS: I know it can be done, at least with most phones.....
Could you please post your source(s) that can actually confirm what you're stating is true.
Theoretically if you have some very serious technical and engineering skills along with a lot of very pricey equipment that can manipulate microprocessors on a very low level, than yes, any phone can be 'hacked' but essentially most of us are only able to work with our gadgetry on a pretty superficial level. Some phones are relatively easy to crack, but most aren't.

Reactions: MoodyBlues
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones