1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Can only see 9 apps on a page

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by samlosse, Oct 6, 2014.

1. samlosse

samlosse Lurker

Not sure what happened... I didn't recently update or anything but I restarted my phone and all of a sudden one of my pages can only hold 9 apps and not the full 16. When you try to add apps to that page, it looks like there is only room for 9 apps. Even moving all the apps away from that page and onto a new one, converts that page to a 9 app page.

Thank you

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. hatredg0d

hatredg0d Well-Known Member

Are you stock? what launcher are you using?

3. samlosse

samlosse Lurker

Im not stuck... just cant add more apps to that page. I am not using a launcher

4. hatredg0d

I mean are you using the stock rom or a custom one? I don't believe the stock launcher has any settings to change icon spacing but I may be wrong as I flash custom roms within hours of getting a new phone.

Not the best solution but you could try going into the settings and clearing the appdata for the launcher, this will remove all icons/widgets you currently have on your homescreens also.

5. samlosse

samlosse Lurker

Not sure what you mean by Rom... I didn't install any Rom in my device

6. hatredg0d

Sorry, Custom Roms are something advanced users might install because they do not like the way their phone looks/works or do not like all the preinstalled apps/bloatware. If you never modified your phone we generally refer to this as stock.

I would say try clearing the appdata for the launcher app as I stated above. If that does not fix it hopefully someone with more stock rom experience can come help you out. I wish you luck.

7. samlosse

samlosse Lurker

How would I go about doing that... clearing thr app data?

8. hatredg0d

Ah, dont know the exact steps for stock but it should be something like

Setting -> Apps -> Swipe over to all apps -> click whats probably called "launcher" -> Then click; Force stop, clear data, clear cache. You phone may need to be restarted after if the launcher fails to re-launch automatically..

9. samlosse

samlosse Lurker

so you think this has to do with an app and not the way the page is displayed?

10. samlosse

samlosse Lurker

Have a look and see if this helps: 2014-10-07_1022 - losse2010's library you'll see that one of my pages is really only "half" the size" it's on that page that I can only include 9 apps

11. svim

svim Extreme Android User

I'm guessing that one of the nine icons on that 'limited' page is a widget, not an application. App icons are usually 1x1, with each screen having a grid of 16. Widget icons can be 2x1, 4x2, 4x4, etc. If so, that 4x4 widget icon is only letting you put 8 other icons on that particular screen. Dump that errant widget icon and replace it with its corresponding app icon.

12. samlosse

samlosse Lurker

when I click on the home button, it's my second page of apps... it's not a page with the "Apps | Widgets" menu at the top. If it was a widget... you'd see that menu at the top from my screenshot.

13. BynoUK

BynoUK Android Enthusiast

Try deleting that homescreen page and setting it up again, been a while since I used Touchwiz but I think that's possible still?

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews