• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can recieve any messages but can send and call and recieve calls any ideas?

88gncfan

Lurker
Oct 12, 2018
I recently switched from AT&T to Verizon and ported over my number, which was confirmed through Verizon it was completed. Went from a iPhone xs to a Note 9, also confirmed I was unregistered with Apple and imessages. I have talked to Verizon for hours and they haven't seen something like this before, I can call and get calls and when I text people recieve them they just cant send back. I have troubleshot it several times from reboot, to mobile networks, to messenger apps. I'm stumped any help would be appreciated, I have a new phone and cant even message anyone!

You can send messages, but the recipient cannot reply? Does this mean that their replies never arrive, or that they don't have a valid number to reply to (so can't send)? What if someone enters your number themselves rather than replying, can you receive the message then?

To be honest I think this is probably a problem with the network rather than the phone (or networks, depending on how number porting works in the USA, which may be different from where I am because of the way your cellular numbers look like landlines). But knowing exactly what happens when someone tries to reply/send you a text will help with diagnosis.

Upvote 0
Did both of those and it worked thank you guys! It didn't act like the device was registered to the network, thanks again definitely appreciate it. 2 hours on phone with Verizon and they couldn't figure it out and gave me a trouble ticket. You guys could easily take there jobs, thanks again!

Make sure you click the likes buttons

Reactions: Xavier Black
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones