1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Can recieve any messages but can send and call and recieve calls any ideas?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by 88gncfan, Oct 12, 2018.

1. 88gncfan

88gncfan Lurker

I recently switched from AT&T to Verizon and ported over my number, which was confirmed through Verizon it was completed. Went from a iPhone xs to a Note 9, also confirmed I was unregistered with Apple and imessages. I have talked to Verizon for hours and they haven't seen something like this before, I can call and get calls and when I text people recieve them they just cant send back. I have troubleshot it several times from reboot, to mobile networks, to messenger apps. I'm stumped any help would be appreciated, I have a new phone and cant even message anyone!

2. Best Answer:
    Post #6 by KBU2, Oct 12, 2018 (1 points)
  3. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

You can send messages, but the recipient cannot reply? Does this mean that their replies never arrive, or that they don't have a valid number to reply to (so can't send)? What if someone enters your number themselves rather than replying, can you receive the message then?

To be honest I think this is probably a problem with the network rather than the phone (or networks, depending on how number porting works in the USA, which may be different from where I am because of the way your cellular numbers look like landlines). But knowing exactly what happens when someone tries to reply/send you a text will help with diagnosis.

4. steiny180

steiny180 Android Enthusiast

Review / revise your APN settings...

tube517 and 88gncfan like this.
  5. KBU2

KBU2 Android Expert

From whomever you're mobile service provider is have them to reset your settings on your phone on their end. After that is done power cycle your device and wait for 30 minutes and see if the problem persist.

Xavier Black and 88gncfan like this.
  6. 88gncfan

88gncfan Lurker

Did both of those and it worked thank you guys! It didn't act like the device was registered to the network, thanks again definitely appreciate it. 2 hours on phone with Verizon and they couldn't figure it out and gave me a trouble ticket. You guys could easily take there jobs, thanks again!

tube517 and KBU2 like this.
  7. KBU2

KBU2 Android Expert

Make sure you click the likes buttons

Xavier Black likes this.
  8. Xavier Black

Xavier Black Android Expert

People come and go and disappear and they never hit those likes..I wonder what's in those minds..other wise I would be #1 by now..lol..no, seriously.