1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Can rooting erase data on my SD card?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dth4h95, Aug 27, 2011.

1. dth4h95

dth4h95 Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Ok so I want to root my Droid 2 Global and the only two things I am worried about it loosing my data and bricking my phone. I have researched and it looks like I just have to back up my data and hope my phone doesn't brick. So that just leaves one thing left I can worry about... my data.

So I backed up as much as I could on my phone, and I know a lot of my stuff is stored on my Google account. I read that I can't backup app data that is stored on my phones internal storage (mostly I would just want to do this to back up my game progress) so I guess if anything bad happen that I will just have to restart my games (not too big of a problem).

So pretty much the only thing left I want to know is:
    Can rooting my phone erase any data on my SD card? That's pretty much the only stuff that I really need not to lose. I mean if I brick my phone I can just take out my SD card and put it in my computer and all my stuff will be there right?

Advertisement

2. lrv

lrv Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Virginia
    Rooting doesn't affect anything on your SD card.

dth4h95 likes this.
  3. dth4h95

dth4h95 Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Thanks. I feel a lot better now ;)

4. biggiesmalls657

biggiesmalls657 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2010
    Retail Clerk
    United States

Rooting doesn't affect a thing, it s what you do with root that screws you. As long as you can follow directions from a rom or anything that the devs say to, there is not usually a problem.

dth4h95 likes this.
  5. dth4h95

dth4h95 Member

Jun 4, 2010
    I thought you could brick your phone while you are trying to root it though? Am I wrong?

6. lrv

lrv Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Virginia
    No, not while trying to root. There is the possibility when attempting to flash a new ROM, but to this day, I've never seen a truly bricked D2.

dth4h95 likes this.
  7. dth4h95

dth4h95 Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Ok thanks. Now I feel even more better :)