1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

can some one help me plz

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by psycho666, Dec 29, 2011.

1. psycho666

psycho666 Lurker

I got an att galaxy s2 sgh-i777 the back and search button doesn't work when you make calls you can't hear the other person on the line and they can't hear you can some one plz tell me what's wrong??

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. PfcBgd

PfcBgd Member

Well, your phone is wrong.

3. psycho666

psycho666 Lurker

My phone is wrong what do you mean?

4. psycho666

psycho666 Lurker

How can it be wrong it's just like att sent it to me

5. Kie

Kie Android Expert

Send us a screenshot of the firmware you're using: Go to "Settings -> About phone" and scroll to the bottom. Take a screenshot by pressing the Power and Home buttons simultaneously. The screenshot will be in your gallery so upload it and post it here so we can solve the problem.

6. psycho666

psycho666 Lurker

Android version 2.3.4 baseband version i777uckh7 kernel version 2.6.35.7 build number gingerbread.uckh7 no screen shots but will that help

7. Mostly Harmless

Mostly Harmless Android Expert

I would return it and get another one.

8. Nismo4Life07

Nismo4Life07 Newbie

Sorry for the hijack but I have a quick question.. If I do a factory reset won't I lose all of my data and contacts and music/photos?

Is there an app that backs everything up? I'm not rooted.

9. psycho666

psycho666 Lurker

Am trying to get another phone from att butt this is the second one they sent me that don't work so am having to wait on them to get the frist one back befor they send me another one

10. Nismo4Life07

Nismo4Life07 Newbie

you can buy mine off me. im sellin this crap.

11. PfcBgd

PfcBgd Member

Go to your local AT&T store and rage out (with class)...or rage out (with class) over the phone. Tell them it's unacceptable, because it really is. Do not be shy about it, they gave you a messed up phone two times in a row. Ask for an immediate overnight delivery, don't let them tell you that they have to receive your phone first bla bla bla

12. psycho666

psycho666 Lurker

Did that didn't help any thing att are ******s looks like am still waiting wish I could jus fix this one

13. psycho666

psycho666 Lurker

Another 199 dollars and att said they send me another phone they gonna refund my other 199 dollars when they get the other phone back what Happen to att used to they would help you now they want money

14. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

That's only the way it must be done through the mail to assure you send the defective phone back. If walk into your local service center, they should be able to swap it for you.

15. psycho666

psycho666 Lurker

I was thinking the same thing but they said becase the phone didn't work they could send it back for me but couldn't give me another phone

16. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

There are Stores and there are service centers. The stores can't swap your phone with a new model, but the service centers have reconditioned units that they will swap out. Your store should be able to tell you the nearest one. The nearest one to me was 40 miles away so when my son's phone stopped working we sent it back rather than waste the gas.

They send you the "new" refurb and you swap the sim battery and back cover and send them your old one. If they get it back in 72 hours i don't think the charge will ever show up because all they do is put a hold for that amount on your card.

17. psycho666

psycho666 Lurker

That's alot trouble for a phone why can't they just send you another phone let you send the old one back I mean they already have your credit card on file not like you can just rip them off and keep both the phones

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews