1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Can somebody fix my GMail on my Bionic?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by oranjejoos, Sep 21, 2011.

1. oranjejoos

oranjejoos Lurker

Hey guys,

I'm currently having a problem with my GMail. All mail i receive skips the inbox and only appears in the all mail label. No notifications are showing as well. Does anybody have a fix for this? I'm tired of missing very important mail through my phone.

Thanks

Advertisement

2. BenDroid

BenDroid Well-Known Member

Are you able to check your email from a PC? I am wanting to know if your email is showing up in the "all mail" box there also. If so, there is a setting, I believe, that tells gmail what box to put your mail in. If you are just having the syncing issues just on your device, go to settings-accounts-google and ensure everything that you want synced is checked. If you are still having problems, uninstall gmail and try again and see what happens.

3. Groid

Groid Android Enthusiast

In your gmail settings for your account do you have Priority inbox checked as the default? If so, this changes the behavior of the labels (folders). Try changing the setting and see if you get what you want.

4. oranjejoos

oranjejoos Lurker

I seemed to find a temporary fix for this problem.

1.) I went to gmail not on my phone, and went to Mail Settings -> Inbox -> No Markers for importance markers

2.) Make sure you have no filters

3.) I added the power control widget to my screen and turned on the sync button (4th button to the right)

I think i remember turning that sync button off slightly after i got my phone.