1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Can someone continue Development of ROM?

Discussion in 'Android Development' started by mcasdorph, Sep 27, 2014.

1. mcasdorph

mcasdorph Newbie

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Extreme Android User

The Dev didn't just leave . it wasn't anyone that ran the dev away just the device has many problems . one known problem is CDMA network will be dead come 2015. If work was made usable without CDMA you would be without a device blaming the dev for not providing a gsm device .

3. mcasdorph

mcasdorph Newbie

I never said that he was ran away (unless your referring to someone else saying that in that thread), ZTE Radiant is a GSM phone, I guess some of the other phones are GSM and a few are CDMA, couldn't it be repackaged without CDMA support if they are going to phase it out? I mean, its really the consumers fault for purchasing a CDMA phone that they will not be able to use later..

The phone I'm currently running it on is the ZTE Radiant and is a GSM phone, and most everything works, I can't get much of any apps to work tho, most install successfully and then when you click OPEN, it crashes the app. Basic functionality is good, call's seem fine, SMS and whatnot seem fine, data is fine, just the apps & camera crashing to my knowledge is the main problem.

4. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin'

Let's keep things on topic and not diverge into personal/petty bickering.

5. hroark13

hroark13 Android Expert
    Recognized Developer

thank you for cleaning the thread, I have done the same in my thread

scary alien likes this.
  6. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary
    VIP Member

Just a quick follow-up note here:

ROM devs (and many other devs) work on contributing to the Android community and are not paid for their efforts (i.e., you are not directly charged for any of their efforts--personal contributions notwithstanding).

The thread in question hasn't been updated in seven months--hroak13 expressed hope that other devs would get involved and contribute (both in his OP and in the second to last post).

Any frustrations or expectations of a particular dev are misplaced and should be couched instead in terms of our many thanks for their time and effort.

Without said time and effort of excellent devs like hroak13, Android would be much the poorer.

Holding out hope that there are other devs that would be able to continue the fine work that hroak13 and others have started (and this thread's title has been changed to reflect that hope).

Thanks!

hroark13 and lunatic59 like this.
  7. mcasdorph

mcasdorph Newbie

Well, it was nice of hroark to remove my "garbage posts" in his thread where I posted something useful to his De-Odexed rom, there is no need to continue this thread, I'll just post a new thread with the file in it, I know it helped some people because there were many downloads of the file.

The only thing I could see wrong with his Base Roms was no tethering (blocked) that was all, that was why I was so pissed about the situation with the CM11 rom, the CM11 had tethering but not much else worked. When I took his De-Odexed base rom and got the tethering working myself, I had all I needed in a rom, but that was after the fact, and words were already exchanged, its water under the bridge I'm over it, I apologize Hroark13, I was just frustrated. I don't have access to broadband in my rural area, so its either tethering or dial-up, and everyone knows dial-up is just about Un-usable now days.

Matt

scary alien and hroark13 like this.
  8. hroark13

hroark13 Android Expert
    Recognized Developer

apology accepted, its all good.

I am sorry too, if you want your tether posts back, I will restore them, just let me know.

scary alien likes this.
  9. hroark13

hroark13 Android Expert
    Recognized Developer

I put out base ROMS, so that people can use them and make themed ROMS, and de-bloat them and stuff

So if you want to use that ROM to make one for your self, and post it on AF for others to use, you have my permission.

some ideals for the rom could be

removed uneeded junk apps
    themed, wall paper and icons, and such
    tethering enabled
    over clocked kernel

stuff like that

BRAINZ2013, mcasdorph and scary alien like this.