1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support can someone convince me to keep this phone?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sars101, Sep 21, 2011.

1. sars101

sars101 Newbie
    None

Jul 23, 2011
    texas
    This my first smart phone. I have 2ndgen 8g itouch. This ascend is nothing like the itouch. Its slower in loading every page. Lets say the itouch takes 3 seconds to load a page the ascend take 20 seconds to load the same page. Copying and pasting with both devices the itouch is better hands down. Playing music itouch is better cause my ascend decides to stop playing the music at the end of the song so I have to leave the web page and press play again then reload the same web page. Typing long paragraphs like this I can see every word with my itouch. Going over some words cause I used the worng word is impossible. To do with the ascend. Of course playing games on itouch is funner cause I can use to fingers. So zooming is easier. Back tracking to fix one worng letter takes around 6 tries with the ascend while itouch takes one drag to go to the spot where I want to go. Good thing about the ascend is the phone kind of since I might hang up on people with my check. The ability to go on the internet any time. Having removable microdisk. Look see trying to type microdisk takes me 3 tries.

Please help cause I need a phone for cricket!!!

Advertisement

2. Teddytale

Teddytale Lurker
    None

Jul 6, 2011
    try installing a custom rom
    i have asCend2 and it pretty fast
    and i had a itouch 2gen too buh i like this fone better

3. Deej029

Deej029 Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 12, 2011
    The Show Me State
    I'm sure you already know this. But the Ascend (1 or 2) isn't an Iphone by any means. As for Cricket phones, The A2 is a great phone for the price. There are a couple things you can do with the A2.
    1. Go to the All things root section. Things are always changing!
    2. Root it (of course)
    3. use PlayfulGods mod --> Main Page - PlayfulDroidz Wiki go down to recent updates and click A2tude

Remember to give PlayfulGod a shout out.

4. JHell

JHell Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 14, 2013
    Plenty of roms out for this phone. Between jonhaney and playfulgod theres plenty of roms so ull never get bored. Best phone ive ever owned