• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can someone do this experiment?

Robinelli

Android Enthusiast
Jul 1, 2010
U.S.
I leave my phone screen side down at night so it doesn't wake me when the battery reaches a full charge. This has worked for me without fail. I noticed this morning that when I pull it off of the charger from face down it only charges to 99%. When I charge it face side up it goes to 100%. I just thought it was interesting and wondered if this would be the case for others. I like that it doesn't have the battery charged pop-up when it charges face down.

I keep seeing that everyone is complaining about "vibrating" when charged....

mine doesn't do that!

I charge mine on a non data cable I picked up from walmart for $4.99 made for the car cig lighter but its on a usb to micro usb so I have it plugged into a port on my computer...and its standing up leaning on the tower....if it was vibrating id notice it!...

now the notice "im fully charged un plug me" is on in the morning but it never makes any noise...

also the display stays off until its unpluged....thats the only time i see the msg...

hope that helps

Enjoy :)

Upvote 0
I leave my phone screen side down at night so it doesn't wake me when the battery reaches a full charge. This has worked for me without fail. I noticed this morning that when I pull it off of the charger from face down it only charges to 99%. When I charge it face side up it goes to 100%. I just thought it was interesting and wondered if this would be the case for others. I like that it doesn't have the battery charged pop-up when it charges face down.

I think it is just coincidence. When the phone is fully charged it stops charging and starts draining the battery again. I have taken mine off the charger lots of times in the morning at 96-97% because it finished charging earlier in the night then normal.

Upvote 0

Tried this last night...phone recharged all the way to 100%. I think the cell phone gods are messing with you! :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones