1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Can someone explain how to get Facebook profile pix as contact pix?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SaosinEngaged, Jul 30, 2011.

1. SaosinEngaged

SaosinEngaged Newbie
    None

Nov 29, 2009
    I have my Facebook account synced on my Infuse and when in the Contacts tab, I see Facebook using contacts having their profile pics displayed. HOWEVER, if I click edit on those contacts, it is evident their contact picture is still blank. This also manifests when those contacts call, instead of seeing their profile pic I see nothing as if they have no picture. This also manifests in widgets or shortcuts that should be utilizing these contact pictures.

I am totally stumped but remember this working properly on my old Moto Droid.

Advertisement

2. mfpearson

mfpearson Member
    None

Jul 22, 2011
    St. Louis, MO
    the "Facebook" portion of the contact is separate from the "phone" portion of the contact. if you go into a contact, you can see a section for "joining contacts" (you will see google, Facebook logos). when you edit the contact, you will see at least 2 tabs at the top (sometimes more, i.e., google) for friends that you have "phone" contacts for, who also have their "Facebook" contact joined to the phone. if you click on the "Facebook" tab, you will see their pictures and Facebook info. but if you click on the "phone" tab, the picture will be blank, and you will see whatever info you entered when you made the original entry in your phonebook.

when someone calls, sms's, shows up in widgets, etc - it is using the "phone" portion of the contact. i could not figure out how to get it to use the "Facebook" portion of the contact, so for people that i call/sms a lot, i simply manually added their pictures to the "phone" portion of the contact. now their pictures show up every time.

maybe you could even copy/paste the Facebook photos? i haven't tried this, so i'm not sure. good luck!

3. smurphy35

smurphy35 Lurker
    None

May 30, 2011
    Download the free app SyncMyPix from the Android Market. Worked perfectly on my Infuse.

4. SaosinEngaged

SaosinEngaged Newbie
    None

Nov 29, 2009
    Syncmypix unfortunately did nothing. This whole ordeal is quite frustrating. I wish to use profile pix as contact pix and so far I have been completely unable to do so where it worked quite easily on my old Moto Droid when I had Verizon.