1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Can someone explain task killer apps to me and how to use them?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Nick-Bit, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Nick-Bit

Nick-Bit Member
    None

Mar 26, 2011
    Ok, so right now I have three of these task manager/killer apps on my phone to suppsoedly easily kill tasks on my phone that im not doing anymore to free up syestem memory. The apps I have are Advanced task Killer Free, Advanced Task Manager Free, and Free advanced task manager. The way this last one differs is it can actualy be a widget that all you need to do is tap once and it kills all apps or whatever, however I find that more keep springing up after it says like it killed 19 tasks.

Ok, this is where I have questions: For some reason, certain tasks and apps keep poping back up after I "Kill" them, like Maps, Pandroa, Messages, Market, etc. when i never even opened them again or opened them to begin with. Are these ones unavoidable and theyll keep reactivating themselves? Are these things mainly to kill off tasks like Itnernet and certain apps like games and Youtube?

Also, whats the best Task manager/killer app right now? Two of the ones I have have little green android dudes on them. task killer has a little blue x while task manager has a little red x, and the other one has a blue phone in the middle of a blue Cog.

If anyone can explain why certain apps wont seem to die or maybe how I can fix that or if I even want to fix it, that would be great. Thank you.

Advertisement

2. sitlet

None

Apr 11, 2010
  3. devin12383

devin12383 Member
    None

Dec 13, 2010
    Dear Sitlet,

Do you know of a way other than Task Killer or going into manage apps that i can close an app after i am done with it. btw you are supper hot i would stay out of the sun with you any day ..wait i mean night

4. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA)
    None

I'm a believer in having an apps/system monitor instead of a task killer.

5. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic
    None

Jul 29, 2010
    FG
    Step 1. Uninstall task killer app
    Step 2. Done, enjoy Android

aysiu likes this.
  6. dan330

dan330 Android Expert

Jan 22, 2010

it is not necessary to try to kill apps all the time.. just becaues you think you need more free memory.

use manage apps to kill bad behaving apps. then uninstall it.

in general... forget about apps in background and enjoy the phone. push it out of your thought! your phone will thank you.

7. sitlet

None

Apr 11, 2010
    First off, if you read the link I provided, you would know that you dont NEED to close an app. WHen you go back to the home screen, the app automatically STOPS what its doing. Technically, it isnt "closed", but its "stopped", and in terms of how linux/android works, its exactly the same thing. Second, if you still feel the need to kill apps, and ruin your android experience, I would suggest SystemPanel. It lets you kill apps one by one, in case you get a lockup or something.

Umm, ok....

8. Usta

Usta Android Expert
    None

Jul 8, 2010
    The Netherlands
    LOL. sitlet, you've got a new fan... :p

I agree with the above posters - no task killer for me.
    People just think Android is like other OSs, where you have to manually close apps to avoid RAM issues...

9. Colchicine

Colchicine Android Expert
    None

10. garak0410

garak0410 Member
    None

Aug 26, 2010
    Arkansas
    I've used ATK when I was on 2.1 but since (FINALLY) getting Froyo for my phone (Captivate), I stopped using it and it works pretty good. About the same battery life...don't sweat the memory usage.