1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Can someone explain to me MotoBLUR/Launcher Pro etc?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Sobe, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Sobe

Sobe Newbie
    None

Feb 14, 2011
    Ok so im reading about downloading these different launcher programs and i guess i just dont understand how they work. Do they run on top of motoblur or do they replace it completely? I'm reading that motoblur is causing some lag with random things like typing/unlocking the phone, would launcher pro get rid of that?

Advertisement

2. AustinTech

AustinTech Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 22, 2011
    Alpharetta, GA (ATL)
    Launcher Pro is awesome. It does not replace Blur and you can go back to Blur whenever you want.

Watch the YouTube videos of how it works. WAY better than Blur - and Launcher Pro PLUS is better than HTC Sense 2.0

YouTube it!

3. kenyu73

kenyu73 Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 16, 2009
    Computer Engineer
    Upstate, NY
    Blur is actually 2+ parts. You have the Blur skin and you have Blur integration.

When you install Launcher Pro or ADW Launcher, it deactivates the MotoBlur skin and uses the one you downloaded. You lose access to MotoBlurs widgets though.

4. cmusciano

cmusciano Member
    None

Jul 6, 2010
    LauncherPro runs rings around Blur or any other launcher. There is no risk in installing it; if you don't like it, you can always uninstall and go back to the regular Blur launcher.

LP has a huge number of features and capabilities. Make sure you try the separate scrolling dock, which by itself makes LP worthwhile. I strongly encourage you to buy the full version. LP is written by a single programer who deserves the support, and the full version unlock the custom widgets as well as widget resizing.

What have you go to lose? Try it!

5. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love
    None

May 14, 2010
    Female
    AZ
    My two favorite launchers are Zeam and DXTop Pro.
    There are several good launchers on the market, and they are all pretty decent.
    It really is a matter of taste as to which one you will want to use the most.
    I am fickle in that I have two or three set up, and when I get tired of looking at one interface, I switch to another.:p

6. RyanSantaAna

RyanSantaAna Newbie
    None

Feb 24, 2011
    TX
    Do you have to root the phone to use LP?

7. stoli412

stoli412 Member
    None

Apr 29, 2010
    Philadelphia PA
    You can still use the Motoblur widgets, however some of them don't resize properly. Hopefully this is something that can be taken care of in an update to Launcherpro, as I find some of the Motoblur widgets to be really useful.

8. DT

DT Android Expert
    None

Jul 23, 2010
    Owner, Senior Software Architect, V2N
    Vilano Beach, FL
    Yeah, I saw a few of them still available through he normal widgets context menu, and they work! If you check out the services running, there's still a couple of Blur processes, so even things like the consolidated messaging inbox work under LP.

This is a little different from my Captivate, where all the additional services/widgets were apparently rolled into the main launcher package.

9. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love
    None

May 14, 2010
    Female
    AZ
    No. Just download it and it will become an option when you press the home button. You will need to set it up the way you want it once you install it though.