• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can someone give a good reason not to move to an HD2

So you own an X10 and want to buy another phone? You don't have any reason to do that now that the X10 can install custom ROMs and Sony Ericsson will update to 2.3 this Summer.

According to Wikipedia the HD2 is still running Windows Phone 6.5 which should be a pretty good reason not to get that phone. Get a phone that comes native with Windows Phone 7 if you go that route.

Upvote 0
before the X10 i had the X1 which was Windows Mobile 6.1 i think, it was really not that good but i didnt mind the OS that much and wanted to move to the HD2 on renewal as it looked a far better phone, this was also before the market for android exploded to where it is now. the X10 was announced and caught my attention so i went for that upon its release. having had various phones, from Windows Mobile, webOS, Android, i have to say i prefer the customisation available with an Android handset.
if going to a Windows phone i would highly suggest nothing less than the latest Windows 7 but from my experience i wouldnt rate Windows Mobile highly at all, i'm pretty sure the latest release is far better than the one i had so without trying it i cannot comment.
but the HD2 is not on the latest software, infact the phone is what, 2 years old now?
why go backward in technology?
i had read a lot about the HD2 when i wanted one but at the time Windows 6.5 wasnt really getting any good reviews although it was stated that the HTC Sense was pretty decent and hid the WM pretty well.

i guess the HD2 isnt a bad phone but then its also very out of date now.
i used to love my Sony Ericsson K750i but i would never go backwards in technology....

Upvote 0
So you own an X10 and want to buy another phone? You don't have any reason to do that now that the X10 can install custom ROMs and Sony Ericsson will update to 2.3 this Summer.

I did an ugrade last night, but said it was using the latest stuff :(

the HD2 is not on the latest software, infact the phone is what, 2 years old now?
why go backward in technology?

Not everyone's bothered by the latest phone/software ect, its just that Ive got the x10, she's got the HD2, Ive buggered about with both and quite like hers, but still like mine too.

But mine is slower, stuttery at times compared to hers

Ive got 2.1 in it just now....so if anything else makes it better, then ok

Upvote 0
If you install a custom rom (basically put a hacked os on it) you'll get rid of the lag... maybe. You shouldn't brick the phone, it's quite hard to brick it but it's not as easy as some people make out, especially if you're not that techy.

This is my main gripe with the X10, Se have crippled it by loading it with added stuff that slows it down. They could have released it with vanilla android, got it out earlier and made it not lag but they didn't.

If you're after a new phone why not get another android? Do a bit of research and find out what fits your needs and find one that doesn't come loaded with crap.

Upvote 0
every phone is good in there own right....YOU have to choose whether the x10 ticks more boxes or the HD2 does

When you work that out then you know which way to turn

But asking in an x10 forum the opinions of the HD2 is like going to a ford garage asking about a vauxhall

Upvote 0
Do you think I'm the only one thats mentioned an HD2....dont think so

This isn't me trying to be rude but honestly I can't remember anyone asking about a HD2 usually it's a galaxy, desire or iphone not a windows 6.5 phone.

Do you really want to goto an out of date OS? I could understand going to another android, windows 7 or iphone 4 but not to 6.5 unless it's getting an update.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones