1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Can someone give me a super easy gudie to emulators?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by cannon11, Aug 5, 2013.

1. cannon11

cannon11 Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 22, 2012
    Male
    Wisconsin
    So I recently got an htc one, and would like to use emulators to re-live some of the games I used to play. I would mainly use gameboy color, n64, and ps1. I just want to replay games I used to play when I was younger.
    I'm somewhat good with Tech stuff, I was able to download and customize a launcher on my htc one, But I'm no expert. I would really appreciate it if someone could give me a super easy guide to download and play emulator games on my htc one. I'm also not for sure if it requires a root.
    Heres kind of how I understand it,
    Download an emulator off android market
    download a game file onto your computer
    put the game file onto the phone
    open it with the emulator
    I think I understand it pretty well, But I would like it if someone could go more in depth than that, yet still keep it simple. I don't have the greatest computer, So I don't want to over do it.
    thank you!! :D

Advertisement

2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=
    None

3. cannon11

cannon11 Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 22, 2012
    Male
    Wisconsin
    This is really good, but it only shows the links to get the emulators, not what to do once you've gotten them, at least as far as I can see. Also I do not think it mentioned if any require rooting...
    I need to know how to download the games themselves and put them onto the emulators to play them

4. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    Because of the potential copyright issues surrounding the download of the game/ROMs etc, the link Frisco provided is really the only assistance we can give, sorry cannon.

ocnbrze likes this.
  5. akutasame94

akutasame94 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 11, 2013
    Male
    well no, it's not all we can do... Actually we will assume that you own original games. So you need to get emulator. In the thread given you have the best ones (GBCoid, Mupen and FPse are my favorites for the consoles you mentioned above)... GBCoid is free I think, rest are payed. Piracy is not supported but if you want to avoid the payment you can do it by google. FPse can't be used unfortunately if not bought,but ePSXe (another ps1) emulator can. For PS1 you will need bios file. You must extract it from your ps1, for copyright issues, but the emulator will actually give you the name of the file so just google it. For the other 2 you do not need bios file. You install emulators. They all have built in file explorers. Make a folder named ROMS on SD card and put all your roms there. You should have originals. If not there are third party sites... Just google them... Boot up emulator and file manager will open by itself. Browse rom, tap onm it and it will boot :) That's all.... Also pocketgamer has guides for most emulators and they also avoid copyright issues, so I can link you to that.

[Update] The best Android emulators for PlayStation, SNES, Game Boy, Mega Drive, and more | Android | Pocket Gamer

Also if you want detailed instructions just google "How to play (console name) games on android, pocket gamer" :D

ouch1976, ocnbrze and El Presidente like this.