1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Can someone help in using my gmail account on android?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by jiveshwar, Sep 17, 2011.

1. jiveshwar

jiveshwar Newbie
    None

Feb 5, 2011
    Can someone help in using my gmail account on android?

I had setup my gmail account on my android few months ago, when there was no 2-Way Password verification.

But now, I have setup the 2-way password verification method, which resulted into different password for this gmail app.

Now when I am opening gmail app. on my mobile, it's showing me same old messages as the password for gmail app is changed now.

Can someone help in changing the password which I set earlier in my Gmail App.

When I am removing my gmail account, it says, this is the Sync account, which can't be removed until you set the phone to factory settings, which will remove all my stored data on phone.

I'm in trouble.

Advertisement

2. apisfires

apisfires Newbie
    None

Sep 10, 2011
    malaysia
    if u make gmail account have direct link to yahoo mail you have posibble can request new password..
    what i see only choice you have is setup new gmail account...

3. Rainman4tech

Rainman4tech Lurker
    None

May 25, 2011
    I am thinking that you are talking about "2 Step Verification" and if so you can use an application specific password. Go into Google accounts under "Account overview" / "Using 2=Step Verification" / "Edit". After you enter your password you will be able to click on "Manage Application-Specific Passwords" mid way down the page. Password again and then about half way down the page again "Step 1 of 2:" give it a name and click "Generate Password" will take you to another page with an application specific password you will need to cut and paste into the password box of the app. This will be a one time password so you will want to have the password remembered because you will not remember it and you will have to revoke and remake to come up with a password again. Long but great to use, I used it when I set up my Infuse so I don't have to reenter the password every time I check my email but have 12 character secure password.

Rainman