• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can someone help me out please?

rivenriver

Lurker
Dec 5, 2010
I'm not entirely sure if this is the right place to post this, so if I'm wrong could a mod please move this to the most logical place? :) Thanks.

I need a little help deleting some apps I don't want.

I have an HTC Legend, I'm 99% sure it's running Android 2.1.

I Googled how to delete apps and was told to hit Menu, then Settings, then Applications. However my problem is that when I hit Applications, nothing happens. Nothing at all. I can't load it.

I HOPE it's nothing I've downloaded. I've tried to be careful as everything suggests, only downloaded well rated apps and stuff. I've only had the phone a week and so have only downloaded a handful of things, Handcent SMS, Abduction demo, Abduction 2 demo, ToDo List Widget (from ChrisBailey) and To Do List (from myzu). I want to delete Handcent, Abduction 2, and To Do List. Are any of those known to create a problem?

If anyone could help me out, that would be great. I've called HTC customer service and left a message, but I don't have great faith in places like that getting back to me.

Thanks!!!

You may need to Hard Reset the phone back to factory settings. It will erase all of your applications, user data, etc. If you have a Google account setup on it though your Contacts, Calendar, and usually your Apps you've downloaded through the market will all restore once you put in that Google account info again after wiping the device. Thats what I do whenever I download an app that doesnt play nice or something funky starts to happen. Makes it good as new :)

Upvote 0
I had a problem with this back on 2.1 and it was a bad app that was causing the Applications page to freeze. Can't recall now which one it was.

Uninstall anything you downloaded recently and see if it comes back.

There are also some "Uninstaller" apps on the market that you could try using.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones