1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Can someone help me root my facepad? (and tell me what after)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by weltall, Jul 13, 2011.

1. weltall

weltall Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 26, 2011
    I would like someone to tell me what to do so I will not do something wrong and kill my new facepad :) Should I just follow Mutari's flytouch 3 guide or do something different for facepad? Also can anyone suggest any programs for after the rooting that would be helpful? Thank you :D

Also I have found a post in this forums and seemed helpful but still for flytouch.

Edit-
    Tim5a is out

Advertisement

2. dart16

dart16 Android Enthusiast
    None

May 9, 2011
    The concencus seems to be that the facepad is EXACTLY the same as a FT3 apart from uprated speakers, so anything you find that works on a FT3s will work on your facpad.

All Tims firmware comes pre-rooted, just flash the firmware...job done. If you want to root the facepad while keeping your existing firmware you can follow Mutari's guide..http://androidforums.com/flytouch-3-all-things-root/296714-guide-how-root-flytouch-3-a.html

The first program to use after rooting the facepad should IMHO be Titanium Pro to backup your tab.

3. weltall

weltall Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 26, 2011
    It already has Titanium Backup (not sure if its pro) but can you explain why a backup is needed since I have no extra applications? I am guessing its a system backup in case something goes wrong?

PS. I Turned Titanium Backup off from the startup programs.

4. dart16

dart16 Android Enthusiast
    None

May 9, 2011
    Just get used to using it....you will find out why the first time you need it!!:cool:

5. lfc4ever

lfc4ever Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 20, 2011
    Yup - 2nd post here, but the first thing I did was back it up - learned that lesson long time ago on another tablet :p

And I have the facepad too, so thanks for the info.