• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can someone help me with the SD Card ?

TaylorsCock

Jul 2, 2010
I had someone forward me via MMS a chicken dance/song thingy. Anyway, I went through a process to save it. It saved it on my SD Card.
How in the world do you get to the SD Card to get info you saved on it?
And how do you make the SD Card your default place to save pictures and other stuff?

Thanks!!

I had someone forward me via MMS a chicken dance/song thingy. Anyway, I went through a process to save it. It saved it on my SD Card.
How in the world do you get to the SD Card to get info you saved on it?
And how do you make the SD Card your default place to save pictures and other stuff?

Thanks!!

i believe by default all non-market programs will save to your sd under downloads. You should get astro file manager from the market. You can navigate your sdcard that way.

or if you root, root explorer (paid app) is the way to go.

Upvote 0
OK, now I've got a question on this...

I downloaded several APK files on my PC today to theme LPP.
I then emailed them to myself via hotmail.
I went into hotmail via messaging on the X and downloaded them.
I was able to access the APK I applied to LPP within hotmail/messaging.
I tried to find where the APK's were downloaded to, but cannot find them.
I am using Astro and the stock file folder, but cannot locate these 3 APK's.
I figured downloads, but nope.
I tried searching with Astro, but no luck.
Where in the heck do downloaded files from an email save to?

Upvote 0
OK, now I've got a question on this...

I downloaded several APK files on my PC today to theme LPP.
I then emailed them to myself via hotmail.
I went into hotmail via messaging on the X and downloaded them.
I was able to access the APK I applied to LPP within hotmail/messaging.
I tried to find where the APK's were downloaded to, but cannot find them.
I am using Astro and the stock file folder, but cannot locate these 3 APK's.
I figured downloads, but nope.
I tried searching with Astro, but no luck.
Where in the heck do downloaded files from an email save to?

LOL!!! Should I make you suffer, or tell you? Hmmmmm.:thinking:

The reason I am laughing is because i was the same way. Check your astro folder called "Messaging" and it should be in there. The Download folder has stuff you DL off the web from what I have experienced.

Upvote 0
LOL!!! Should I make you suffer, or tell you? Hmmmmm.:thinking:

The reason I am laughing is because i was the same way. Check your astro folder called "Messaging" and it should be in there. The Download folder has stuff you DL off the web from what I have experienced.

Still suffering over here...not in the messaging folder, only a pic of my wife and her pregnant belly.:p

That was the next place I looked after downloads.

Upvote 0
Still suffering over here...not in the messaging folder, only a pic of my wife and her pregnant belly.:p

That was the next place I looked after downloads.

Hmmm. Well, that's very weird. You DLed it from the phone's email client, not the web based hotmail? Right? It SHOULD be in Messaging. That's where mine go, and I just tried it again to confirm. Try a search in Astro if you know the file name, or part of it.

I have a similar mystery after I edit my camera images, no idea where they get moved/saved to after I edit them.

Reactions: Statmtb
Upvote 0
Hmmm. Well, that's very weird. You DLed it from the phone's email client, not the web based hotmail? Right? It SHOULD be in Messaging. That's where mine go, and I just tried it again to confirm. Try a search in Astro if you know the file name, or part of it.

I have a similar mystery after I edit my camera images, no idea where they get moved/saved to after I edit them.

Using Corp Sync for hotmail, not web based.
Did the search in Astro...nothing.
Then I scanned all folders by the change date...nothing.
I don't get it:thinking:

If you are willing, try emailing yourself a .apk and see if it saves to the messaging folder for you.

Upvote 0
Using Corp Sync for hotmail, not web based.
Did the search in Astro...nothing.
Then I scanned all folders by the change date...nothing.
I don't get it:thinking:

If you are willing, try emailing yourself a .apk and see if it saves to the messaging folder for you.

I am willing, but no need to. Another member sent me one today with LPP themed widgets and it went to my Messaging folder in Astro. I've done it with both apk and png files. Try sending it to yourself again. I don't use the corp sync method, just the stock email software (pop3??). I also tried saving it from the web, and it went to the Download folder. For some reason, I also have a Downloads folder. Good luck!!

Upvote 0
Same thing with gmail, I can download and install from messaging, but the file does not seem to save anywhere that I can find.
Went to hotmail via dolphin HD instead of messaging, downloaded from the browser, and the files saved to the sd card under download.

Very confused?

So going to Hotmail thru the web puts it in Download- that's what I get.
Via gmail, web or X's client, it downloads to Messaging - sounds right. I don't get the bold part. If you can DL and install it from the messaging folder, what do you mean you can't find it? Either way, this is odd. At least you can get it, but it may not be the most efficient way it's sounding like.

Upvote 0
So going to Hotmail thru the web puts it in Download- that's what I get.
Via gmail, web or X's client, it downloads to Messaging - sounds right. I don't get the bold part. If you can DL and install it from the messaging folder, what do you mean you can't find it? Either way, this is odd. At least you can get it, but it may not be the most efficient way it's sounding like.

They download and install from the hotmail messaging app or gmail app...while in those apps, not the messaging folder. The messaging folder on the sd card only contains some pics and vids I saved from texts. I still cannot find where the 3 apks I downloaded from the apps saved to...or if they did at all. I assume they are somewhere cause when I go back to the message and click on the attachment, it immediately asks if I want to install. It doesn't seem to "download" after I've done it once in each app.

Clear as mud?:eek:

Upvote 0
They download and install from the hotmail messaging app or gmail app...while in those apps, not the messaging folder. The messaging folder on the sd card only contains some pics and vids I saved from texts. I still cannot find where the 3 apks I downloaded from the apps saved to...or if they did at all. I assume they are somewhere cause when I go back to the message and click on the attachment, it immediately asks if I want to install. It doesn't seem to "download" after I've done it once in each app.

Clear as mud?:eek:

Yup. Clear as mud alright!

When you longpress the attachemnt, you are getting a popup asking if you want to save it, right? I don't recall seeing an option to install it right from the email. Sounds like your phone is doing stuff ass-backwards!:cool:

Upvote 0
When you longpress the attachemnt, you are getting a popup asking if you want to save it, right?

From the web browser, yes. From the messaging app, no. Long press doesn't do anything. Press is once or long press and let go, it just starts downloading. Once done, goes immediately to the "ok to install?" screen.

Sounds like your phone is doing stuff ass-backwards!:cool:

Agreed.:thinking:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones