1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Can someone help me with this root step? I can't seem to figure it out.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Skelaz, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Skelaz

Skelaz Member

I'm trying to root my HTC EVO V 4G but everytime I type in the command "adb reboot bootloader" in the cmd, it says my device cannot be found.

I did all the previous steps point by point but I can't seem to figure out why it isn't able to find my device. :thinking:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. xploPR

xploPR Android Expert

Check this video out, it's a video tutorial on how to root your evo v, it's not my video, credits goes to the author of the video. sanman1185

how to root htc evo v - YouTube

3. Skelaz

Skelaz Member

Yeah I was watching his video to do the root but I can't seem to find out why it can't detect my device after I type "adb reboot reloader" into the cmd. :thinking:

4. johnny424

johnny424 Android Expert

try a different usb port

5. redpipe

redpipe Newbie

Unplug from usb, do adb kill-server, then plug back into a different usb port.

6. Skelaz

Skelaz Member

Tried everything suggested above, but still no joy. :(

7. Skelaz

Skelaz Member

This is the error message it gives me:

"daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037"
    "daemon started successfully"
    "error: device not found"

8. hogaburger

hogaburger Newbie

Does your computer normally recognize your phone when you plug it in? Can you mount it as a disk drive and browse files on your computer?

Also make sure USB debugging is turned on under Development Options

You can also type "adb devices" to make sure its recognized before running the reboot command.

9. JDML

JDML Newbie

You have to open up and run cmd from the tools folder, i ran into this as well, make sure usb debugging is enabled on your phone

btw - shift right click opens up option to run cmd in folder, good luck!

10. jvillejoe

jvillejoe Android Enthusiast

Sounds like you need the htc diag drivers.
    http://tinyurl.com/98yatks

If your computer does not install the drivers you need to unplug the phone. Then plug it back in. Then dial ##3424# it will put you into diagnostic mode. Then on you computer it should pop up with your install wizard. Then do a manual setup. Make sure you save the htc diag drivers to the desktop or more then likely you can find them in downloads. Just fallow the prompts and you should be good to go and have the drivers installed. Let us know how it goes.