• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can someone honestly explain the pizza delivery fee??

Actually its not a tip. Dominos explicitly states that it is not. Not too sure for about any other places. To me it's like Sprint's Premium data fee: No workable explanation, but you just pay it.

There is a workable explanation for the premium data as well. Smartphone users historically use more data, therefor, if you want a smartphone, you will pay an extra $10/mo to make up for that. There is a difference between workable explanation and one that you actually like and are ok with.

Upvote 0
Well, those delivery folks don't make much money. I'm just trying to help a bit by tipping generously, quick delivery or not. If a place has poor delivery service overall, that is, repeatedly, then we just select another place.

I will say that if I'm in an eating establishment and the service/food etc is not so good, I'll still tip a fair amount but I just won't go back. There are many places to choose from. ;)

Upvote 0
In the Papa Johns I run, the delivery fee is simply another way for the company to make more money. Sure, we give the drivers a portion of that (5% of the net sale) to cover their gas expenses, which over the course of the night they come out ahead. Yeah the company has the additional expense of insuring the drivers and this is how the premiums are paid, but the owner is still making bank off of the fee. We used to do have free delivery, but once the competion started charging, ownership saw tha their customers were wiling to pay, so we started charging as well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones