1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Can Someone Please Help Me Root 4.4.2 Virgin Mobile

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Stakzz00, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Stakzz00

Stakzz00 Lurker

Help root virgin mobile HTC Desire 601 Kit Kat 4.4.2

Hey guys, I'm not a noob so it's okay if you don't feel like explaining every step but it would be much appreciated. I've never rooted an HTC device and I only rooted one kit Kat device so I haven't been on the rooting scene in a long time...

This is for the kit Kat, virgin mobile version. I've found many TUTS, but they are either vary vague or either not for this exact version.

Here are my requests:

1. I prefer CWM Recovery but I think only TWPR or whatever it is, is supported. I've worked with CWM all my life but for one froyo phone so that was pretty long ago.

2. S-Off, please let me know exactly what it is to get pass this or whatever I need to do because I've read that it causes problems

3. Any custom roms yet?

4. Wi-Fi Tether work? Because if not, I created two apps, one that glitches and allows you to bypass the unsubscribed error and the other that tethers the phone but only works on rooted devices and so far every phone I tested it on works.

5. Could you post all steps here and if not, you could post to a page if it has the steps.

Thank you

PS: this is the exact model sold from virgin mobile

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

HTC Desire 601 Forum

The HTC Desire 601 release date was October 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 400 processor, and 2100mAh battery.

October 2013
Release Date
Reviews