1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Can someone please help me!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by flaboy954, Dec 23, 2011.

1. flaboy954

flaboy954 Lurker
    None

Dec 23, 2011
    Okay, I was in the process of downgrading my rom, then lgnpst stops at 67%, telling me that my device has disconnected. I look at my device to find that it has a black screen. I follow the directions lgnpst gives (reboot the device, then reconnect, etc.) but when I do attempt to reboot all I get is the metro pcs intro sound behind a black screen... Idk what to do because other fixes pertain to getting out of fastboot mode or a locked android screen which doesn't seem to be the issue in my case. I wonder if my phone is officially bricked...

Advertisement

2. benalmighty

benalmighty Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Avon Park, Fl.
    Hey, someone posted a thread similar to this yesterday. Trust me, on this forum you will probably find the answer before you'd even ask it, just have to search. :D Oh well, this same thing sorta happened to me, except mine reached 100% but didn't install correctly, caused boot loops. I had to downgrade the phone before I could try to install the update again.
    Downgrading/Putting Stock Rom On
    That should bring your phone back to how your first got it.
    It's pretty simple, just follow the guide. Then try the update again.

My issue was that internet connection was decrepit, and continuously dropped out, though the download continued collecting null data. So I'd say, make sure you have a strong internet connection, and try to download the entire update without allowing your computer to fall asleep. Also, the usb that came with my phone has some issues too, if I'd move it, it would disconnect from the computer while still being plugged in. (happened a few times during the update, had to restart) I'd suggest not even touching the phone, just as a precaution.
    I hope that helps, have a nice day.

3. flaboy954

flaboy954 Lurker
    None

Dec 23, 2011
    Thanks man, it seems that worked out just fine. I appreciate it.

Tags: