• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can someone please help

chrlswltrs

Extreme Android User
Nov 12, 2009
Seattle
Ok I am trying to update my phone to 2.1 without rooting. Here is what I have so far:

1. I have downloaded RSDLite and drivers from http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-droid/47349-now-you-can-live-without-fear-bricking.html

2. I have my update.zip file from [ROM] Bugless Beast V0.9 ESE53 (Options Gallore!)!)

I just need to get some help on the first couple steps, then I should be good. I have downloaded RSDLite but my computer will not recognize the file type, how do I install and use it?

Also on the guide to using RSDLite step 5 says the ".sbf file", how do I get that? I have the update.zip file, did I download the wrong thing?

BTW, I am running Vista. Thanks in advance for the help and thanks to everyone who has posted all the files and information we need to work around Verizon/Motorola's OTA screw up.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones